January 2023 Release Notes
On January 1, 2023, FINRA reduced the cost of production API credentials for member firms and non-member organizations.
The new pricing model is:
- Member Firms: $1650/month per organization (reduced form $2750/month per organization).
- Non-Member Organizations: $1650/month per organization (reduced from $3750/month per organization).
The new price will be reflected in February 2023 invoices generated for the API service month of January 2023.
- On January 5, 2023 the FINRA API team launched the new Annual Reg Element Continuing Education dataset as part of the Query API. This endpoint contains data that allows FINRA member firms to track and validate the CE status of all their active registered representatives to ensure compliance with the new Continuing Education requirements as described on the View Element Learning Plan page.
- On January 24, 2023 the FINRA API team launched the new Consolidated Short Interest dataset. This new consolidated dataset is in the same format as the currently available Equity Short Interest Standardized. This new consolidated dataset provides users with data going back 5 years and as of June of 2022 will have Short Interest Data from all exchanges.
- On January 27, 2023 the FINRA API team enhanced the existing Individual Pre-Registration Search to return the employment firm name and address information in addition to the employment firm CRD ID.