Beginning 10/4/2021 FINRA is modifying how obtaining production access to the FINRA API platform works in preparation for the next version of the platform that will allow for self-service API Credential provisioning (targeting January 2022).
During the period of 10/4/2021 thru 12/31/2021 (the soft launch period), gaining access to the API platform will be a manual process.
- During the soft launch period, we cannot provide production API access to individuals. Individuals may still create test credentials to explore the API platform.
- During the soft launch period non member firm access to the Public and Organization API credential types will be limited to those organizations that already have a FINRA Entitlement Agreement in place.
- If you are a service provider or other vendor providing services on behalf of a FINRA member firm, we will need to coordinate with you AND a representative of the member firm in order to provision production API credentials. Service provider access on behalf of firms cannot be done without the approval of a authorized representatives of the firm. You will be required to provide contact information at the member firm when requesting production access.
To request production access send an email to [email protected] and provide the following information:
- Requester organization name
- FINRA provided organization ID / CRD #
- Requester name
- Requester contact phone number
- Requester email address (ensure requester is able to receive email messages at this address)
- The API Credential Type you would like to provision (please review the API Platform Fee Structure to understand fees that may apply)
- Billing information (required for all requests to establish API account even if no fees will be charged (e.g. Public Credential requested)
Billing contact name
Billing contact email
Billing address (street, city, state, zipcode, country)
Billing phone/fax (optional)
Once the access request is received a support request ticket will be created to track the request. You will receive a follow-up response that will contain a link to an API Credential Provisioning request form that once completed and submitted, including an authroized individual attesting to the API Terms and Conditions and authorizing the billing and payment of any associated API fees, will cause an API Credenital to be provisioned and forwared to you via Email.
Production API accounts provisioned pior to 10/4/2021 to access the Registration, Equity, Firm, and Fixed Income datasets are not affected by this change.